We should all be looking for ways to reduce out carbon footprint, as the world comes together to try and address the very pressing global warming threat that scientists have been talking about for decades. Here are just a few ways that you can make a difference in the fight to save our planet.
- Give plant gifts – It is a very natural and eco-friendly gift to send someone a plant, which they can nurture and eventually plant it in their garden. Look no further than Jacob & Roy plant delivery if you are based in Australia, a leading plant gift provider with an extensive range of exotic plants, packaged professionally and hand-delivered to the recipient. Browse their website and view the range of stunning indoor plants and when you’re ready, simply head to checkout.
- Take up cycling – Using the car less and your mountain bike more has got to be good for the planet, plus you get a comprehensive workout when you ride 25km. Leaving the car at home should give you a good feeling and while it might seem a little, if everyone did the same, we would really make a difference.
- Avoid single use plastic – When shopping, take a couple of cloth bags with you, which is better than using plastic bags that end up in a drawer. Eco-friendly people usually buy products with sustainable packaging, which sends the right signals to product manufacturers, leading to the end of plastic packaging. Tell your friends about the plastic situation and ask them to refuse single use plastic when out shopping. Click here for information on plastic vs glass.
- Fresh organic fruit and vegetables – Wherever you are in Australia, you’ll never be far from a small farm that sells their organic produce via their website. Eating organically grown produce is not only healthy, you are also supporting your local community and fresh fruit and veg will be delivered to your door.
- Wear recycled clothing – Yes, we now have a line of cool fabrics that are actually made from recycled plastic bottles; what better way to get rid of the plastic than turning it into a usable fabric? Campers use recycled backpacks and even tent fabric that is made from recycled plastic and these products can be found with Google searches. Make a point of looking for kitchenware that is natural; bamboo is an amazing material that is used to make bedsheets, towels and clothing.
More and more people are realizing we can make a difference if we act collectively and the above are just a few ways that you can reduce your carbon footprint. It isn’t all bad news regarding global warming, as we are making progress to reduce carbon emissions and global efforts are underway to remove the plastic from the world’s oceans.
Review your lifestyle and see what you can change and you might be pleasantly surprised, plus you will know that you are doing your bit for the planet.